We’re looking for exceptional people who share our passion for creating apps that make people’s lives better. We’re driven to find creative and innovative solutions to our customers’ problems.
Location can be either Helsinki, Oulu or Bangkok.
Codemate ❤️ Flutter
We’ve done groundbreaking and innovative Flutter projects, including Moi: one of the world’s first commercial Flutter web projects that was prominently featured by Google at the launch of Flutter 2.0.
Google even featured Codemate in their September 2021 Flutter 2.5 release note: “To make DevTools a more useful destination for understanding and debugging your Flutter apps, we partnered with Codemate Ltd, a creative tech agency in Finland, to make some updates.”
So we’re deep in this.
We’ve got exciting plans for the future, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
Our Flutter specialist team is a good fit for you, if you’re passionate about making world-class apps with Flutter. You want to use your technical excellence to create beautiful code and beautiful apps. You love working in amazing teams to understand and solve our customers’ problems. You’re always eager to learn more and develop yourself.
- You’re an experienced mobile developer, with several years of professional experience making mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- You’re as passionate as us about Flutter, and have used Flutter to make apps for mobile, web or desktop.
- You have examples of Flutter apps you’ve developed.
- You care deeply about quality, and know about automated testing. Experience of Flutter widget or integration tests is a huge plus.
- Good understanding of how to architect apps to manage complexity and make them testable and maintainable.
- You have a comprehensive understanding of mobile systems, and understand the specific requirements of developing apps for them.
- Good working level of English.
- Experience of native mobile development for iOS or Android.
- Any experience in other cross-platform frameworks such as React Native or Xamarin.
- Experience of automated deployment of mobile apps using CI/CD systems.
- Any experience with graphics programming, especially animations.
- Any web development experience, especially with functional reactive frameworks like React.
- We don’t expect you to be a designer, but a keen interest in app design is a huge bonus.
Our Flutter work
We’ve published many successful Flutter apps, including apps for AC Oulu, Temployer, Lehto Group and Aalto University. We’ve contributed to the Flutter project through open source submissions, and held Flutter hackathons and meetups, including speakers from Google.
We rebuilt Moi’s mobile app in Flutter to provide customers with a beautiful and easy-to-use way to manage their accounts. We then brought this to the web, as one of the earliest Flutter web projects. You can watch our Flutter Web Meetup to find out more.
What we offer
We are looking for exceptional people who are inspired by progress and growth. In return, we offer:
- Codemate community. We believe in doing together. We’re a lively community where everyone is eager to share their expertise and hear your insights.
- Opportunities to level up. We make it possible for you to continuously develop your skills. Share your vision about your future career path and we’ll help you to go towards your goals.
- Opportunity to build business-critical digital solutions. Work closely with customers to create digital solutions that adapt to the constantly evolving needs of the marketplace.
- Freedom and responsibility. Again: we believe in doing together. We have a flat organization where information is shared. Together with your mates you get to define how we do our work.
- Remote work and office fun. We believe there’s a need for both remote and on-site work. We have fully remote developers, fully on-site developers, but mostly something in-between. We are happy to discuss your situation.
- Enjoyable moments. Work should be fun and you should enjoy working with your mates. We create enjoyable moments both in and out of work.
- Competitive salary and benefits. We have developed our salary structure and benefits together with our employees, and you’ll be invited to continue developing it.
We’re eager to hear about you, what you’re passionate about, and what kind of community and challenges you are looking for. And also what you have done in your past career.
You can apply by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org! Our awesome Flutter team will check your application and get back to you as soon as possible.
We are looking forward to know you!
Awesome Codemate community
At Codemate we want to work in laid-back atmosphere. Here bad humor is an art form! Although we take our job seriously, we don’t have to be serious! Let’s give our one-and-only Matias a change to tell what he thinks about working at Codemate.
“We have a perfectly sized company. There’s enough power to make great things, but we are small enough that everyone’s opinion matters.
Codemate makes it possible for me to continuously develop my skills and I can keep myself relevant here. We are working with the latest and greatest technologies, constantly scanning the most promising new technologies. The people here help me get towards my career goals. I have been working in world-class challenges in awesome teams.
I also enjoy the freedom and responsibility. Together with your coworkers you get to define what and how we do our work. Work should be fun and I enjoy working with people around me. At Codemate people really matter, and everyone is taken into Codemate family. During my 10 years here, it’s been nice to see ex-codemates come back. Half of the people that leave us, come back within 18 months.”
Lead Developer & Mentor
Get in the list
We are really thankful if you are considering a career at Codemate.
If there wasn’t open positions that match your skills you can sign up to our email list to be among the first to know when new opportunities are opened!Sign up to the list