Developer with Java background
Are you an experienced Java developer and want to broaden your skill set?
We are looking for a good mate to join our Helsinki or Oulu crew and awesome projects we have. If you feel you’re currently stuck and want to start learning again, we need you and you need us. With us, you can get to work on familiar technologies, but can constantly learn modern stuff. We can offer you everything that is in our power in exchange for your knowledge and effort. If you already know that you are a great match, send a short email to us and have a chat.
What we are looking for
These are sort of a must:
- You need to have a comprehensive understanding of web systems
- Have over 5+ years of Java development experience
- Have some experience on different Java frameworks, libraries, APIs and technologies, such as Spring Framework, Hibernate/JPA, servlets/JSPs and servlet containers (e.g. Tomcat), GWT, Lombok.. stuff like that
- Are familiar with common Java build automation and dependency management tools (Ant, Maven, Gradle), and test tools/frameworks, e.g., JUnit, Mockito, PowerMock
- Are familiar with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Are a team player with good communication skills
- Want to learn and adopt new technologies, understand their business impact, and are interested in constantly developing your expertise
If the world was perfect:
- You’d live in Helsinki or in Oulu.
- some experience on Docker, DevOps and CI/CD tools and services (e.g. Kubernetes, Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible)
- hands-on experience of some of the major cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) and/or their more lightweight alternatives (e.g. Heroku)
- Have worked with other technologies such as NodeJS, Ruby on Rails or Go
- Frontend development experience using React, Angular or Vue
Together, we will be tailoring your role to match your ambitions and expertise.
What you would be doing
The simplest way to tell about your future endeavours is to let on of our developers to tell you about one of his latest cases, Oikotie. You can read about our team’s work in detail from here.
I came to Codemate with a strong Java background to strengthen my knowledge on different web technologies, and to enjoy a laid-back atmosphere. My first project was to renew the iconic Oikotie service for Sanoma, and that gave a great opportunity to extend my expertise. The Oikotie case started when our sales had identified an opportunity, which sounded like a great challenge both for me personally, and for us as a company. We discussed the business needs with the customer, and were able to gather a great team to match those targets. During the project I worked as a lead developer and my role was to make sure that our team was able to work as well as they could. I was responsible for DevOps and backend development of the system: planning the cloud architecture, deciding about technological choices, setting up the cloud environment and initializing the codebase, coding the actual BE logic and APIs, handling the integrations to external systems, and at the same time making sure that the business needs were met. I had a big role to play but it was exactly what I had wanted and asked for. At the end, the best feeling came from customer’s comments about our team’s work. We did it together, and we did it well.
Codemate is a place where personal growth and professional development is possible. You get to work with solid experts from design, agile project management, DevOps, mobile development, cloud systems and full-stack development. We want you to progress towards your personal goals as a digital superstar, while having fun at work.
Codemate teams are located on three offices: Oulu, Helsinki and Bangkok. You can decide to work on any of these sites, which best suits your preferences. We help in relocation if needed.
We offer competitive salary and great benefits.
How to apply
We are eager to hear about you, who you are, what kind of community and challenges you are looking for. And also what you have done in your past career.
Drop us a free-form application to email@example.com and we will get back to you!
Thanks and hope to see you soon, mate! We are looking forward to know you!
Awesome Codemate community
At Codemate we want to work in laid-back atmosphere. Here bad humor is an art form! Although we take our job seriously, we don’t have to be serious! Let’s give our one-and-only Matias a change to tell what he thinks about working at Codemate.
“We have a perfectly sized company. We can make great things, but everyone’s opinion matters. Codemate makes it possible for me to continuously develop my skills. We are working with the latest technologies and keeping ourselves up-to-date on what’s happening. I have been working with cool companies like Adidas and Netflix in awesome teams.
I also enjoy the freedom and responsibility. Together with my colleagues I get define what and how we do our work. At Codemate people really matter, and everyone is taken into Codemate family.”
Lead Developer & Mentor
Get in the list
We are really thankful if you are considering a career at Codemate.
If there wasn’t open positions that match your skills you can sign up to our email list to be among the first to know when new opportunities are opened!Put me in the list